Dr Vincent Villa was trained in Lyon (as a hospital intern and as a chief resident in teaching hospitals). As a surgeon specialized in Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery he is a member of the French Society of Orthopedics (SOFCOT) and the French Society of Arthroscopy (SFA) as well as of international societies such as ISAKOS and ESSKA. He was a member of a FIFA center as a specialist surgeon for top athletes. He specialized in lower limb surgery, especially in minimally invasive hip and knee surgery and in athlete knee and degenerative surgery. He also performs foot and ankle surgeries.
He has contributed to the development of new, now widely spread surgical techniques and to numerous foreign surgeons’ training. In Switzerland he holds a post-grade title for specialist practitioners and he is a member of the FMH. Author of many scientific publications and specialist books’ chapters, he regularly gives lectures during international conferences and is asked abroad to spread the Lyons School of Orthopedic Surgery’s expertise.
– Member of the French Society of Orthopedic Surgery and traumatology
– Member of the International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee surgery and orthopedic Sports medecine (ISAKOS).
– Member of the European Society for sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA).
– Active member of Albert Trillat society
-Member of AIOLY (Association des Internes d’Orthopédie de Lyon).
-2014: acknowledgement by MEBEKO of my post-grade title delivered by the Swiss Confederation of Orthopedic and Trauma surgery of Musculoskeleta System.
-2014: acknowledgment by MEBEKO of my federal medicine degree delivered by the Swiss Confederation.
-2013: University degree in Orthopedic surgery and Traumatology (DESQ)
-2013: University degree in Arthroscopy (DIU). Dissertation on « Simulation of a LCA transplant on a double bundle patellar tendon with a simple band ». Lyons, University Claude Bernard Lyon I.
-2012: University degree in Foot and Ankle (DIU). Dissertation on « Algodystrophy in Foot Surgery », Lyons,University Claude Bernard Lyon I.
-2010: University degree of specialized studies in General Surgery (DES).
-2007: Master’s I Degree in Biological and Medical Sciences
-Module 1: 2004 : Master’s Degree of Biological and Medical Sciences : « Physiology and biology of integrated systems ».
-Module 2: 2004 : « Descriptive, Topographic and Morphogenesis Anatomy »
-Module 3: 2007 : Recruited as an Intern Surgeon, competitive examination. Lyons, University Claude Bernard Lyon I.
-2003: Applied Anatomy Certificate, Medicine Faculty of Lyon-Nord.
– 2003: First-aid Team Certificate (CFAPSE), Red Cross of Monaco.
THE CONCEPT OF DOUBLE BUNDLE ACL SIMULATION WITH A SINGLE BUNDLE PATELLAR TENDON GRAFT. A CADAVERIC FAISABILITY STUDY.
Jacobi M, Magnussen RA, Villa V, Demey G, Neyret P. Sports Med Arthrosc Rehabil Ther Technol. 2012
September 14th, 2012 : Doctor in medecine Graduation Summa cum laude Jury Commendation, after thesis defense on « Complications of complete knee prosthesis ».
MACI – A NEW ERA
Jacobi M, Villa V, Magnussen RA, Neyret P. Sports Med Arthrosc Rehabil Ther Technol. 2011
RESULTS AND COMPLICATIONS OF SINGLE STAGE TOTAL KNEE ARTHROPLASTY AND HIGH TIBIAL OSTEOTOMY
A. Madelaine, V. Villa, C. Yela, T. Lording, S. Lustig, E. Servien, P. Neyret. International Orthopaedics (SICOT)
THE EFFECT OF LATERAL OPENING WEDGE DISTAL FEMORAL OSTEOTOMY ON LEG LENGTH. KSSTA
A. Madelaine, V. Villa, T. Lording, S. Lustig, E. Servien, P. Neyret.
FACTORS INFLUENCING POSTERIOR TIBIAL SLOPE AND TIBIAL ROTATION IN OPENING WEDGE HIGH TIBIAL OSTEOTOMY. KSSTA
Jacobi M, Villa V, Reischl N, Demey G, Goy D, Neyret P, Gautier E, Magnussen RA.
VASCULAR INJURIES DURING CLOSING-WEDGE HIGH TIBIAL OSTEOTOMY: A CADAVERIC ANGIOGRAPHIC STUDY. OTSR
Darnis A, Villa V, Debette C, Lustig S, Servien E, Neyret P.
– On-call intern surgeon at Hospices Civils de Lyon : more than 150 on-call duties performed
– On-call Surgeon at Hospices Civils de Lyon since 2012 : more than 100 duties performed.
– On-call Surgeon at Hôpital de la Croix-Rousse : more than 100 on-call duties performed.
– On-call Surgeon at Centre hospitalier Saint Luc -Saint Joseph, Lyons, since 2013, more than 50 duties performed.
– On-call Surgeon at Centre hospitalier de Valence since 2012, more than 20 duties performed.
– Physician at the Rehabilitation Center of Val Rosay in Saint Cyr au Mont d’or since 2012, half a day per week.
– Surgical contribution to the reference center on complex osteoarticular infections (for Région Rhône-Alpes) since 2012.
– November 17th and 18th, 2014: Learning Center AMIS, class on anterior approach of hip, Tours
– October 16th, 17th and 18th, 2014: lecture at the Journées Lyonnaises du Genou conference (Topic : The Young Arthritic knee) on femoral osteotomies results.
– June 13th and 14th, 2014: Surgery class on complete hip prosthesis with anterior approach, non invasive technique, in Toulouse.
– April 24th and 25th, 2014: Minimally invasive hip surgery class in Rennes.
– April 8th, 2014: Clinical case presentation at a scientific session for SFA fellows.
– March 4th, 2014: A. Trillat Conference : ACL laxity evaluation to customize the surgery, by Pr Zaffagnini Stefano, Bologna, Italie.
– February 11th, 2014: A. Trillat Conference : Knee pathology and treatment in professional soccer players, what I have learned in 15 years experience, by Pr Williams Andy, London, UK.
– January 2014: lecturer on femora-patellar and degenerative knee pathology, Knee Surgery Degree (DIU), lecture on the scores of the clinical evaluation of degenerative knee damages, lecture on the results and review of scientific publications on varus osteotomies.
– October 2013: 5th superior class of meniscal and cartilaginous surgery, under the aegis of SFA ( French society of Arthroscopy), supervised by Philippe BOISRENAULT, Nicolas PUJOL and Philippe BEAUFILS.
– October 1st, 2013: Tuesday conference of Albert Trillat: Meniscal Allografts, presented by Dr Peter Verdonk (Belgium).
– September 20th, 2013: Calcanail event : What’s new about calcaneus fractures and subtalar arthrodesis, supervised by Pr Simon Patrick.
– June 17th, 2013: Vumedi Webinar ACL reconstruction : an international perspective. Indication for extra-articular reconstruction, Ph. NEYRET, E. SERVIEN, S. LUSTIG, V. VILLA, C. DEBETTE Participants : John Bergfeld, Freddie Fu, Willem Mare van der Merwe, Masahiro Kurosaka, Philippe Neyret, Julian Feller, Darren Johnson (pas besoin de découper ça en trois tirets)
– May 7th, 2013: Albert Trillat conference. News on custom cutting guides for complete knee prosthesis, Dr Parratte, Dr Pinaroli. The anatomic ACL reconstruction, Pr Freddie Fu (University Pittsburgh-USA).
-April 5th, 2013: BAYER University on Orthopedic Surgery (UBCO), Ph. NEYRET, V. VILLA.
– April 2013: Oral presentation on surgical techniques of complete knee prosthesis, for physiotherapists and nurses at Centre du Val Rosay, Saint Cyr au Mont d’Or.
– March 2013: University degree (DU) of Knee Surgery, techniques of complete knee prosthesis’ revision, V. VILLA, Ph. NEYRET. Complete knee surgery’s complications, V. VILLA, Ph. NEYRET.
– January 31st, 2013: Participation in HLS Academy in Lyon.
– November 2012: Presentation of a clinical file on a knee dislocation at Trillat conference.
– November 2012: Pr E. SERVIEN’s class on open internal wedge valgus tibial osteotomy.
-October 2012: Participation in University by Depuis on hip and knee prosthesis in Issy-Les-Moulineaux.
– September 20th, 2012: 15th Journées Lyonnaises on Knee surgery : « Patella ».
– September 2012: Dr G. WALCH’s class on complete anatomic shoulder prostheses.
– June, 28th & 29th, 2012: IRCAD’s class on Shoulder arthroscopy in Strasbourg, under the aegis of the SFA.
– February 2012: Oral presentation on vascular complications during orthopedic surgery at Hôpital Saint Joseph Saint Luc.
– January 21st, 2012: Sports Meeting Lyon 2012. – Diagnosis of ACL rupture in Japan, Masahiro Kurosaka. ACL double bundle reconstruction with preserving remnant, Mitsuo Ochi. Sports medicine in Doha (Qatar), Philippe Landreau.
– December 2010: Oral presentation on Lisfranc dislocations of the forefoot for Association des internes d’Orthopédie de Lyon (AIOLY).
– October 2009: University by Depuis on hip and knee prosthesis in Issy-Les-Moulineaux.
– 2009 : IRCAD’s Knee Arthroscopy class in Strasbourg, under the aegis of the SFA.
-December 19th, 2008: Second class on Tornier shoulder trauma in Strasbourg.
– December 2007: Advanced French class on Traumatology in Davos
Université Claude Bernard Lyon I- Faculty of Medicine
– 2000-2003: First Cycle of Medical Studies (PCEM1)
– 2003-2007: Second Cycle (PCEM2)
Université Claude Bernard Lyon I – Faculty of Medicine
– 2007-2012: Residency training in Orthopedic Surgery
– 2012-2013: Head Orthopedic Surgeon
– 2013-2014 Head Orthopedic Surgeon
– 2014-nowadays : Hôpital de la Providence, Neuchâtel canton
– Baccalauréat major in Sciences, 2000, with honors
– Admission competitive exam, Faculty of Medicine (in Lyons, 2000, rank: 72/680)
– First Cycle of Medical Studies, Lyons, from 2000 to 2003
– Internship competitive exam, 2007, rank: 1082/5800. Choice: General Surgery in Lyons.
Internship 1st year 2007-2008
– November 2007-May2008: Hôpital de Valence Dr MIGNOT- Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery
– May 2008-November 2008: Hôpital de Romans Dr JOLIVET- Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery
Internship 2nd year 2008-2009
– November 2008-May 2009: Hôpital Lyon Sud Trauma Emergencies Ward, Pr MOYEN and Pr FESSY.
– May 2009-November 2009: Hôpital Lyon Sud Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Surgery Ward, Pr MOYEN and Pr FESSY
Internship 3rd year 2009-2010
-November 2009-May 2010: Hôpital Edouard Herriot Pavillon T Orthopedic Surgery Ward, Pr CARRET and Pr GUYEN –
-May 2009-November 2010: Hôpital Femmes-Mères-enfants of Bron, Pediatric Orthopedic SurgeryWard, Pr BERARD and Pr KOHLER .
Internship 4th year 2010-2011
– November 2010-May 2011: Centre Albert Trillat Hôpital Lyon Nord Orthopedic and Sports Surgery, Pr NEYRET.
– May 2011- November 2011: Hôpital Renée Sabran Orthopedic Surgery Ward, Dr BASSO and Dr RUBINI.
Internship 5th year 2011-2012
– November 2011-May 2012: Hôpital St Joseph St Luc Lyon Visceral and Vascular Surgery Ward, Dr FRECON
– May 2012- November 2012: Hôpital St Joseph St Luc Lyon Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery Ward, Pr SIMON
– September 14th, 2012: Doctor of Medicine thesis defense on « Complications of complete knee prosthesis ». Graduation Summa cum laude Jury Commendation.
– October 2012: University degree in specialized studies in General Surgery (DES).
– October 2013: University degree in Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology (DESQ)
– November 2012-November 2013: Head Orthopedic Surgeon, Ward of Pr NEYRET Centre Albert Trillat– Hôpital de la Croix Rousse Lyon.
– Since November 2014: Hôpital de la Providence, Neuchâtel district.